Sunday, February 26, 2017

RA and Altitude Changes

I feel like I'm always learning something new about this disease.

Since being diagnosed a little over three years ago I took my first trip via plane. I love to fly and so vacations plans were made. Since I normally feel pretty awesome I expected I would feel the same.

I was incorrect. On a scale of 1-10 on a normal day my pain hovers between 0-2. I can function through it even if it is nagging. After my plane ride by my pain shot to a 8-9. Thankfully I packed my prednisone and was able to control the flare. Both feet and ankles flaring while at Universal is just horrible timing. I was positive of the flare on the ride home. My foot hurt the entire time as we flew higher to avoid a storm.

The disease is always about learning. Always. I just learned that altitude changes are bad for me. Before I fly again I will be preventative and start the prednisone as soon as I get off of the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment